Easy to process light weight insulation blankets for temperature areas up to 650 °C
What are Aerogel Blankets?
Aerogel Blankets are an aerogel based innovative insulation product based on silica aerogel in a E-glass needle mats carrier produced from fiberglass.
It differs from Aerogel Paper due to its thickness and production method. Where Aerogel Paper comes in thickness from 0,35 mm, Aerogel Blankets are available in thicknesses from 3, 6 to 10 mm (Supermat and Aspen) and 5, 10, 15 and 20 mm (ArmaGel).
Aerogel Blankets is the most known aerogel product and comes with a lot of approvals for marine and fire protection. Blankets can also be used for very cold applications and for this purpose they are produced with a vapor barrier made of aluminum foil.
Aerogel Blankets are one of our bestsellers, due to its excellent features and form, which quickly can be cut and shaped into almost any possible requested customer enquiries.
Aerogel Blankets applications
Aerogel Blankets has excellent insulation performance and are used for a wide range of applications, such as:
- Light weight insulation products for ships, automobiles, and high-speed train applications
- Insulation products for industrial applications, such as tanks, vessels, pipelines in power plants, petrochemical, gas and chemical plants
- Insulation products for construction and
- Can replace many other insulation products with the space for insulation is compromised.
Aerogel Blankets physical properties
|Type||Roll or mats|
|Thickness||3 mm, 6 mm, 10 mm (Supermat and Aspen)
5 mm, 10 mm, 15 mm, 20 mm (ArmaGel)
|Thermal Conductivity||0.022 - 0.057 W/m.k (from 25 °C to 600 °C)|
|Max. Use. Temp.||650 °C|
|Coating||Pre-heated with hydrophobic finish, aluminium foiled for cold applications|
Advantages of Aerogel Blankets
- Aerogel Blankets has excellent thermal insulation – approximately between 2-5 times better than traditional insulation products. This results in wide space for lowering product’s thickness and stability with longer lifetime.
- Aerogel Blankets has excellent physical and chemical stability due to silica and glass fiber being the main constituents. These constituents are highly stable and durable at acidic or alkaline mediums and to radiation or electromagnetic waves.
- Aerogel Blankets are hydrophobic, mitigates the risk of CUI.
- Aerogel Blankets are water repellent.
- Aerogel Blankets fire behaviour are incombustible according to A1.
Have a question?
We’re here to help. Please fill in the form and we will respond as soon as possible.