The flexible aerogel with ultrahigh heat resistance
What is Aerogel Jelly?
Aerogel Jelly is an innovative product that can be molded into various shapes and structures.
Aerogel Jelly is a gel-like form of Aerogel. The jelly is, among others, made of silicon dioxide and E-glass fibers. The structure is gel-like until processing, where the gel can be molded into any desired form and shape without seams ensuring excellent insulation qualities.
Aerogel Jelly has relatively lower thermal conductivity and can be molded into insulation structures, with various thickness.
Aerogel Jelly applications
Due to the light weight and supreme insulation quality in extreme thermal conditions Aerogel Jelly is used for a wide range of application, such as:
- Light weight thermal insulation products for the space and aviation industry
- Insulation products for automobiles
- Insulation products for electric products and electronics
- Industrial insulation products for pipes, machineries, fuel cells etc.
Aerogel Jelly physical properties
|Solid content||25 ∼ 35 %|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.024 ∼ 0.028 W/m.k (at 25 oC)|
|Density||300g ∼ 400 g/cm3|
|Max. Use. temp.||∼ 650 oC|
|Max. applicable temp.||∼ 800 oC|
Advantages of Aerogel Jelly
Aerogel Jelly has many advantages in comparison with other insulations materials.
- Aerogel Jelly are more energy saving due to lower thermal conductivity
- Aerogel Jelly can be molded to different products for various applications and is easily molded into any shapes.
- Aerogel Jelly consists of only inorganic material, which ensures excellent fireproof and makes the product non-combustible without harmful gases.
- Aerogel Jelly is light weight and high temperature resistant.
- Aerogel Jelly is Hydrophobic and therefore prevents build-up of CUI.
Have a question?
We’re here to help. Please fill in the form and we will respond as soon as possible.